Curious about Word Up?
Help yourself to these PDF’d chapters:
- Foreword by Scott Abel
- To Be or Not To Be
- Talk—I Mean Obfuscate—Your Way to the Top
- The Only Thing These Signs Have in Common
- Her and I: How to Banish Painful Personal-Pronoun Pairings
- To Each Their Own
- Whom Ya Gonna Call
- Hyphens Unite!
- To Hyphenate or Not To Hyphenate After a Noun: That Is the Wrong Question
- Let Me Count the—Different?—Ways
- The Pen Is Mightier Than the Shovel
- You Don’t Know From Prepositions
- A Modern Take (Is Take a Noun?) on Parts of Speech
- The Last Word
- A Definition Is Where You Don’t Say Is Where
- Metaphors Are Jewels
- Lend Your Commas a Hand—or Two
- Touching Words
- Explore and Heighten: Magic Words from a Playwright
- Coming Soon to the Small Screen
- How To Do How-To: Watch Your Steps
- What Brand R U?
- Who’s Your Sam?
- Decisions, Decisions
- Topics Index
- Names Index
- Titles Index
Want all this and more? Get Word Up! How to Write Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs (And Everything You Build from Them)
(Filming and editing by Asia Brown)